In this post I’ll show you how to create pretty links using the Pretty Link plugin. It’s simple to use and will improve the look of your links.
What is Pretty Link?
Pretty Link is a plugin that you can easily add to your dashboard in WordPress and use to shorten your links. Once you’ve installed Pretty Link it’s also easy to learn to use.
Why Use Pretty Link?
When someone goes to click on the highlighted link-text they’ll see the link appear, and if it’s an external link it will usually be the words, followed by a long stream of symbols and numbers, which can look off-putting to your reader and stop them from clicking.
Plus it doesn’t look very neat and can take up a lot of space. So, instead, change the link using Pretty Link and give it a title that describes what it’s doing, instead of all those numbers.
How to Install Pretty Link
- Go to your dashboard and look at the list on the left of your screen.
- Choose Plugins and click on Add New.
- Write Pretty link into the search bar and up it will appear, ready for you to install.
- Click on Install Now and then on Activate.
- Once you’ve activated Pretty link it will appear on your dashboard.
- Or you can click into the plugin Pretty Link on the left menu to see the full screen.
- Copy the link that you want to change and paste it into the box called target URL.
- Go to the box named Pretty Link and remove the numbers and symbols that appear by default after your website name, replacing them with the description you want for the link.
- Give the link a title so you can remember what it’s for to use it again, and click on Create link.
You now have a link which will take your reader to the original destination but will show your website name and also look much neater.
And hey presto, all done!
Please let me know if you have any questions.